Temptation Rides Again

Posted by izonprize


My flesh was crying out for quick relief from hunger at 9pm last night.  As I was driving home from a hospital visit, I was hungry and tempted to grab fast food on the way home, instead of waiting to eat nutritionally from my own refrigerator.  So, after several minutes of idea after idea being presented to me to pull over, here or there, for junk food, by the grace of our living Lord, instead, I tuned into our Christian talk radio station!  Hallelujah! God provided my way of escape.  There was a pastor speaking on temptation!  He read from Webster's, the definition of temptation which I am including here:  Temptation is the desire to perform an action that one may enjoy immediately or in the short term, but will probably later regret for various reasons; including feeling guilt and health-related consequences.  Temptation is the inclination to sin.  Temptation also describes the coaxing or inducing a person into committing such an act, by manipulation or otherwise of curiosity, desire or fear of loss.  

This was the wisdom I needed to hear that snapped me out of the flesh and back into the Spirit of Christ who wants to live His life through me!  I had the needed grace to make it home and eat something healthy from my storehouse.  I pray we can all be delivered moment by moment from the temptation to meet our own needs with our own knowledge of good and evil.  I have no such knowledge.  God is right,  apart from Christ I can do nothing good!  

Galatians 2:20 for I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me, and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God who loves me and who gave His life for me! 

0 comments: