CAN THE PAST BE UNWRITTEN

Posted by izonprize

Forgiveness does not mean you can have hope that one day all the past will be gone or that the terrible thing done to you will never have happened.  That's Hollywood, not reality.  It happened.  That's a fact that cannot be undone no matter how much time passes you by.  Bitterness and unforgiveness don't have the power to change your past painful experiences for the better.  Forgiveness is realizing that God alone earned the right to blot out sin and change your future.  Lay down your right to be right.  What good purpose does that serve you or anyone you love? Instead of saying, "I can't forgive him", say the truth instead: "I choose to be bitter. I choose to remain unforgiven for my own sin".  Why would I choose to do that?  Because I believe the lie that holding unforgiveness somehow only hurts my offender and not me.  I am self deceived.   Put out of your life all these things: bad feelings about other people, anger, temper, loud talk, bad talk which hurts other people, and bad feelings which hurt other people. You must be kind to each other. Think of the other person. Forgive other people just as God forgave you because of Christ’s death on the cross. Your heavenly Father will forgive you if you forgive those who sin against you; but if you refuse to forgive them, he will not forgive you. Unforgiveness won't determine their future with Christ but it will determine yours.  JESUS said our Father will forgive us "just as" we have forgiven others.  The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even when we have rebelled against him.  He is faithful and just to forgive us when we sin.  Confess your sin of unforgiveness and he will forgive you and remember your sin no more.
(Eph 4:31-32; Matt 6:13-15)
I'm praying for you right now and I hear God singing over you His songs of deliverance.
❤️Love Never FAILS, Leeanna Trosclair Porter

0 comments: