Masters Degree in Worry

Posted by izonprize


Jesus said,  “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.  (Matthew 6:34) 

I used to have a Master’s Degree in Worry and was working on my Doctorate.  One day, I received a breakthrough.  I felt the Spirit reveal to me, “Worrying is just praying to the devil. It’s just you trying to fix something without my help.  What good is that?”

Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.  (Psalm 34:10b)

Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock. (Isaiah 26:3-4)

Consider the lilies and wildflowers, how they grow [in the open field]. They neither labor nor spin [wool to make clothing]; yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory and splendor dressed himself like one of these. But if this is how God clothes the grass which is in the field today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you? You of little faith!

Little faith...

This reminded me of the daily manna.  So I sensed the Spirit of God continuing to teach me.  The manna came daily and they were not to try to collect more than one day’s worth or it would rot.  

Worry is like that rotten manna.  Faith is good for only one day, then we collect more the next day through prayer.  The question I heard in my Spirit was “Do you have everything you need for THIS DAY?  Have I met your needs TODAY”?  The answer that day and everyday since has always been “YES! A thousand times yes!”   

So then, why do you worry about tomorrow?  Today is all you have been promised and God has been faithful today, hasn’t He?

Worrying is an insult to God.  Kick it to the curb.  

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” (1 Peter 5:6-8)

As Christians, we have a way to acknowledge our anxiety and worries, and even plead in prayer to Our Father, our despair, and receive a mind-renewing revelation that we are not alone in our circumstances.  But first, we must humble ourselves by acknowledging we are not the savior and we can’t fix anything by worrying.  

Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance, the Lord be with you all. (2 Thessalonians 3:16)


Jesus said, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)

0 comments: