CHASING RABBITS--Written January 2008

Posted by izonprize

Just read this quote from a SparkPeople article: If you chase two rabbits, both will escape--Unknown Author. We can't have it both ways. Either we chase our goals or we chase what our flesh desires. The spirit is willing, the flesh is weak, and the rabbits are multiplying! It was a hard 2nd/3rd week, so far, with entertaining elderly relatives on the road and staying in hotels and visiting the hospital patient. The greatest challenge was having to explain why I won't try this or that at every meal. Each meal was a "rabbit to choose". I could have not eaten anything at all for breakfast, I suppose, (none of the choices were on my plan); but the lesser of two evils was to choose rice krispies and milk. I am glad to be home now, where the rabbits are not so wild.

0 comments: