THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT?

Posted by izonprize

Isn't it strange that the first real choice man had to make involved food? Adam didn't assume responsibility for his choice, "It was that woman you gave me that made me do it". Eve basically said, "The devil made me do it"; and that old serpent "didn't have a leg to stand on". What has been my excuse for not taking charge of my health/weight issues? What is the pay-off, reward, or benefit that I receive by not changing my lifestyle? Which food choices (any choices, really) are based more on selfishness than on love? Adam and Eve believed a lie and made the wrong food choice. What lie do I believe about the food choices I make? Satan told Eve, "Did God really say...?" What is it that God has said to me about my food choices and do I believe Him? Keep in mind, I only believe the parts that I obey. Today I will stop making excuses. I will be honest, starting with God. I commit to live in God's truth and know that it is His truth that can set me free. 2 Peter 2:2 says, "Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute." My body is valuable to God because it is where He dwells! I will honor God when I make right food choices. I choose to live as God's friend and not His enemy. Philippians 3:18-19 says, "For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things." Whatever my mind continually dwells on and whatever controls me can become a "god" to me. Since nothing is hidden from God--I choose to walk according to His ways. The lie of the devil is, "You have failed before and you will fail again." The truth of God is, "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3. I choose to believe the report of the LORD about me and about my plans. I will keep my eyes on the prize!

0 comments: