Choices

Posted by izonprize


I have been thinking a lot about choices, lately.  Everyday, I have the opportunity to make many, if not hundreds, of choices.  Every choice has a consequence- good or bad.  Most choices are subconsciously made, and take no extra thought or prayer.  But now that I've become aware of choices, I see them literally almost every minute.  They begin with the alarm clock - do I snooze or stop the alarm? Do I read a devotional or FB first? Do I wear the dress or the jeans? Do I answer that phone call now or call them back tomorrow? Do I attend the luncheon or take a walk instead? Those may seem insignificant, but what if they are life-changing for someone instead?   How do my choices of action or inaction change the course of my life or another's life? And does God care?  Suddenly, I think he does care.  If Galatians 2:20 is TRUE, then my choices DO matter.  My attitudes matter. Whether I engage or don't engage matters.  Everything matters.
And every choice that doesn't reflect God's love, is not an option for this child of His.  I pray God continues to make me aware of the things that truly matter to His heart and that I have the courage and the strength to choose wisely instead of selfishly today.

HOW TO MAKE WISE CHOICES

SCRIPTURAL TEST 2 Timothy 3:16
Has God already spoken about it in His Word?
SECRECY TEST Proverbs 11:3
Would it bother me if everyone knew about my choice?
SURVEY TEST 1 Timothy 4:12
What if everyone followed my example?
SPIRITUAL TEST Galatians 1:10
Am I being people-pressured or spirit-led?
STUMBLING TEST Romans 14:21
Could this choice cause another to stumble?
SERENITY TEST Philippians 4:6-7
Have I prayed and received peace about this decision?
SANCTIFICATION TEST 2 Corinthians 3:18
Will this keep me from growing in the character of Christ?
SUPREME TEST 1 Corinthians 10:31
Does this choice glorify God?
Walk as children of light... and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord
Ephesians 5:8, 10


0 comments: