Be Doers of the Word and Not Hearers Only

Posted by izonprize

BE DOERS OF THE WORD AND NOT HEARERS ONLY, DECEIVING YOURSELVES.

This passage has meant a lot to me today. I am once again reminded to not respond out of anger or pain in the midst of a very unjust, ungodly and fiery trial.  This passage has greatly encouraged me...to remain soft, to continually turn the other cheek, to allow God to be the Just Judge, to remain steadfast in faith and to KNOW that The battle is the Lord's.  My response should never be a reflection of the enemy's behavior, but rather like Christ, who knew how to entrust his life to the one who saves Him.  This is a difficult and DAILY surrender but I know the refining process will produce His reflection.  When anger rises, I KNOW to ask myself, "Who or what are you angry with? And Why?" Then, I can ask, "What do You briber will happen if you are no longer angry?" And this will help me uncover any lies I am believing.  The next step is to let that anger go and see what God wants me know in prayer.  He always shows up!  He is faithful.  So I press on.  I pray you, in the midst of your own fiery trials, will as well!

James 1:19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21 Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

26 If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

0 comments: