WHAT THANKFULNESS ACCOMPLISHES

Posted by izonprize

For me, the scale stayed stuck on 131 today, for my Monday Weigh In. I think I have been at this number (except for one day at 129.5) for 8 days straight. I have to admit, I started to fret, but then just decided, I am not getting down about it. I prayed this morning and believe I got the answer for what to do next. I have not been as thankful as I should have been in being in the 130's. This was a long time coming for me, and then to be able to lose 13 plus lbs in 33 days, is totally amazing to me. I know it wasn't all my own "hard work" and "committment" - I needed God's help and knew it. One of the reasons for the scale being stuck for past 8 days, I believe (personal conviction--not put on anyone else LOL), is, I hadn't given God the rightful place and glory for what has been accomplished (my intent is not to sound religious or offend anyone--I am just being the authentic me here). I am very thankful today for even being in the 130's. Thankful hearts are more at peace and peace will be more fruitful than anxiety ever could. I believe this will move the scale by next Monday. I am not changing any other thing--just being thankful and giving God glory for what He has accomplished in me SO FAST. I have to remember that it wasn't just me, being committed, because I have been there and done that and it never really worked long term for me. it was Him in me, doing it through me. I am very thankful today and just needed to say so.

UPDATE:Well, if you read my blog yesterday, you saw that I had been stuck on 131 for about 8 days. After praying, I felt convicted that I needed to be thankful for even being in the 130's at all, and also that I need to give credit where credit it due for this weight loss accomplishment. I know myself too well to ever think I could do this on my own. So, I made a decision not to change anything at all in my plan, EXCEPT to be more thankful and to give God the glory for it all. Today, when I stepped on the scale, it had moved down one pound! Again, I am not proud or patting myself on the back at all. I am just plain THANKFUL to God. I knew when I started this journey that it wasn't all about the weight loss but about what I would learn about myself and my faith, along the way. It has been a great journey and I wouldn't trade the things I have learned for anything in the world. I am even thankful that I had all this weight to lose, so that I could learn all these valuable lessons, and grow closer to God through it all.

UPDATE: 1/31/11 at 127 today and feeling especially Thankful!

0 comments: